quarta-feira, 23 de setembro de 2020

28Mm WW1 Mesopotamia Cavalry - British Unit Done



I've been detailing my search for suitable figures for my WW1 Mesopotamia collection and Cavalry have proved to be a particular challenge. Well there has actually been some progress and I've (shock) finished a unit !


These figures are Great War Miniatures with head swaps from Gripping Beast. The head swaps were done by my gaming chum Harry (cheers !) as my modelling skills are not the best. I have left some figures with the general service cap just to mix the look up a bit.


The unit is 24 figures strong which will operate as 4 squadrons of 6 figures each.


The unit is painted up to represent the Cheshire Yeomanry who fought in the later 1917 Palestine Campaign. The flags are hand painted copies of the mid war Yeomanry Standard, I have no evidence of these being carried in action but it adds something visually to the unit.


In the days when most people do Cavalry units in 12s, it's easy to forget how big 28mm Cavalry units are in line.


Currently on the paint table are some Arab Spearmen for the Crusades, next up will be my Kingdom of Jerusalem Knights before I go back to another WW1 unit.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário